Moonrise: The Rise of Wicca and Paganism in North America

Moonrise is the first documentary examining the explosive rise of Wicca and other Pagan religions in North America. Here are presented thoughts, comments and experiences from the filmmakers as they work on the movie. Some are political; some are just plain interesting. For more information, go to the official Moonrise website at http://www.moonrisemovie.com, and check out the Moonrise discussion group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moonrisemovie

Name:
Location: Valencia, California, United States

I am a film director and producer; Director of "Bashing" (http://www.taf.eyeon.biz/bashing.html), among others. My background includes practice as an entertainment attorney, professional trumpet player, banker and cinematographer. I work in independent film, and am one of the founders of Mediawerkz Distribution and Eyeon Entertainment Corporation. I am an Isian; I study Universal Eclectic Wicca and Correllian Wicca, and I am a member of the Fellowship of Isis. I am a member of the SCVPN here in Valencia.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Starhawk Interview!

On April 13, 2005, I had the deep pleasure of interviewing Starhawk as she was passing through L.A.

Author of The Spiral Dance and seven other books, Starhawk is noted as a feminist and activist, working hard to bring publicity to the fore on envirnomental issues and human rights issues. She truly puts her ethics and principles into practice, and is a shining example for the Wiccan and Pagan community - in fact the larger society as well - on how to stand up for what one believes in.

Check out Starhawk's activities at www.stargawk.org

One of the issues we discussed was the envronment for activism in the last few years. Starhawk is of the opinion that our society is becoming more repressive and authorities are permitting less and less open dissent.

I am in agreement with that sentiment. Government repression - including censorship, restricted liberties, surveillance, and similar oppressive measures - is something that I believe we all need to fight at every turn. I will discuss this more in the future, but for now, I leave it to you to think about.

However, mostly I interviewed Starhawk about what means the most to her in life, about her religion, her spirituality, and where she has come from, is, and going to. Be sure you see the Moonrise movie when it comes out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home